Royal London has today announced a major new deal with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) to sponsor one-day cricket.
The four-year deal sees Royal London become a major sponsor of the governing body from 2014 alongside Waitrose, NatWest and Investec. The four year deal includes:
- Royal London One-Day Internationals (men's ODIs): forty matches over four years against Sri Lanka, India, New Zealand, Australia, Pakistan, West Indies and South Africa
- Royal London Women's ODIs: schedule to be confirmed
- Royal London One-Day Cup (men's): county competition which will be 50 overs per side
- Royal London National Club Championship: a knockout tournament in which the top 256 clubs in the country compete
- Royal London Junior County Cups: played in 40 counties for the boys U14, U15 & U17 competitions, and 32 counties for the girls U13, U15 & U17 competitions.
The brand will sponsor the Royal London ODI Series.
The 2014 Series against Sri Lanka and India will continue England's build up towards the ICC Cricket World Cup in 2015, which will be held in Australia and New Zealand.
Royal London recently announced a new strategy which will see each of its 11 existing brands migrate to its Royal London masterbrand.
With immediate effect
Leading With Distinction
Head of proposition innovation