Partnership to merge with Just Retirement

Laura Miller
clock

Just Retirement and Partnership have announced a merger deal.

Just Retirement shareholders will own approximately 60% of the combined group, with Partnership Assurance shareholders owning the other 40%.

Under the terms of the merger, Partnership shareholders will be entitled to receive 0.834 new Just Retirement shares for each Partnership share held.

The deal values Just Retirement shares at 199p, Partnership shares at 166p, and values the entire issued and to be issued ordinary share capital of Partnership at approximately £668.5m.

The boards of Just Retirement and Partnership have agreed a unified management team of the combined group under the leadership of Rodney Cook as group chief executive.

Just Retirement and Partnership intend to raise equity capital amounting to approximately £150m following the merger.

The boards of Just Retirement and Partnership said they believe the merger will deliver "significant strategic and financial benefits" for the combined business.

Annuity businesses including Just Retirement and Partnership have suffered following Chancellor George Osborne's public censure of the annuity market, and the introduction of pension freedoms which essentially removed the near monopoly annuity providers had of the retirement market. 

Further reading: 

Towers Watson merges with Willis in £11.4bn deal

Engage Mutual seeks adviser feedback on merger

Partnership responds to GMB's care warning


 

More on PMI

Sedentary lifestyles could derail UK's health recovery: Bupa
PMI

Sedentary lifestyles could derail UK's health recovery: Bupa

New research shows

Hemma Visavadia
clock 19 May 2022 • 2 min read
WPA increases members discount options
PMI

WPA increases members discount options

Access to more health and wellbeing benefits

Hemma Visavadia
clock 18 May 2022 • 1 min read
Aviva creates cancer care support service for PMI customers
PMI

Aviva creates cancer care support service for PMI customers

In partnership with Macmillian Cancer Support

Hemma Visavadia
clock 28 April 2022 • 2 min read

Highlights

First episode of The COVER Review goes live!

First episode of The COVER Review goes live!

New monthly programme

John Brazier
clock 21 April 2022 • 1 min read
The Rising Stars of Protection: Adrian Benjamin

The Rising Stars of Protection: Adrian Benjamin

"Getting into the insurance industry is very difficult, I had to fight my way to get in"

Hemma Visavadia
clock 20 April 2022 • 6 min read
Where protection meets sustainability

Where protection meets sustainability

"Being a sustainable business means more than just meeting climate targets"

Hannah Godfrey
clock 19 April 2022 • 7 min read