Cigna has launched a new suite of international private medical insurance products in response to adviser demand.
The Cigna Global product suite, targeted at expatriates and globally mobile individuals, is a three-level international health insurance plan, with Silver, Gold and Platinum cover levels.
These replace Cigna's existing Global Health Options and Advance plans which have been on the market since 2011.
The products, available both direct and through advisers, have modular cover options and a choice of cost share and deductible levels.
The customer starts out with core International Medical Insurance, which provides cover for all inpatient, specialist and accommodation costs, as well as cover for cancer and psychiatric care.
They then choose what is important to them, and add on additional module options which include Outpatient, Health & Wellbeing, Medical Evacuation and Vision & Dental options.
Phil Austin, Head of Global Individual Private Medical Insurance said: "The new plans have been developed in response to customer and broker demand for a wider range of products which span across different market segments.
"The new plans give us the ability to provide products which suit a greater footprint of customers, and with the added flexibility of teaming a modular approach with deductible and cost share options, it has become really easy for customers to build a plan which is matched to the their unique needs".
The plans were developed after a period of customer and market research which identified a gap in the market for an affordable, high quality, high service healthcare plan.
Key features of the new plans:
• Choice of Silver, Gold or Platinum options
• International Medical Insurance core cover as standard, covering inpatient hospital stays, specialist consultants, cancer care etc, and also maternity care on Platinum and Gold plans
• Flexibility to build a unique plan with a range of additional optional modules, including Outpatient cover; Medical Evacuation; Health & Wellbeing; and Vision & Dental cover
• Manage premiums with deductible and cost share options on core and Outpatient
• Comprehensive cancer care as standard
• No maximum age restrictions
• Guaranteed renewability