Bupa Global, the international health insurance arm of Bupa, has launched its first tiered range of international private medical insurance (IPMI) products in the UK.
The four products - Bupa Global Select, Premier, Elite and Ultimate Health Plans - are tiered on coverage and price.
Robert Lang, managing director, Bupa Global, said: "We surveyed 3,000 people in six countries - including the UK - over 12 months. Customers told us they want a simple product, where the levels of coverage and price are tiered so it's easy to choose the option they want or need, based on a clear and distinct range and scale."
Across all Bupa's global health plans, the insurer will cover:
• In hospital and out-patient care
• Health checks - helping to prevent as much as cure
• Mental and holistic therapies - caring for mind as well as body
• Evacuation - so if emergency treatment isn't available locally, we'll get you to where it is, and one other person could come too
• Treatment for cancer and other serious illnesses, for as long as needed while you are a Bupa customer
• Hereditary, congenital and chronic conditions
• Transplants and rehabilitation
The UK is the third market in three weeks to launch a tiered IPMI product range by Bupa.
A similar collection was launched in Hong Kong on 20 January and in Mexico on 4 February.
Bupa said t will launch similar tiered product ranges in other priority markets over the comings months and years.
Changes to Summit plans
'Never have we seen have so many employees working remotely'
Following IGO pilot
Aetna study suggests