Views were divided on whether it would be fairer to customers if all providers offered products that provide lower premiums for policyholders if they take better care of their health, according to COVER's latest web poll.
Some 53.8% of the respondents to the online survey argued that this kind of product, currently only offered by a few private healthcare insurers, would offer a fairer option for customers. The other 46.2%, however, disagreed.
Over the last few months, there has been talk of at least two mergers, with Resolution and Friends Provident announcing that it will merge in Q4 this year. Following this, this month's survey asks whether mergers would be good for the protection industry?
To cast your vote, please visit: www.covermagazine.co.uk.
The news that the ABI and British Medical Association (BMA) agreement on GP report (GPR) fees has broken down will usher in a period of uncertainty.
Lack of innovation investment in the UK insurance market has been highlighted by recognition of RGA's work in the US.
Protection business in 2012 and 2013 will be affected by events this year and some fundamental changes to the way customers policies are priced into the next. Richard Verdin explains.
Employee assistance programmes are in the spotlight due to a schizophrenic approach by government. But as Sue Weir points out, they are backed by solid research.
How will people buy insurance in future? Greg Becker visits the US for developments in online distribution.