Medicash has introduced an employee assistance programme to its corporate paid cash plans.
All corporate plans with built-in EAPs will now provide members with an enhanced range of services, including a specialist managers' support helpline and a day 1 intervention for stress programme.
Members will benefit from a range of extras designed to enhance staff wellbeing, which includes:
- day 1 stress intervention programme
- unlimited access to 24/7 emotional support
- local face to face counselling
- helpline covering legal, financial, consumer, housing and care issues
- post trauma critical incident support
- online counselling
- enhanced debt management service
- online wellbeing portal
- career coaching
- managers' support helpline offering guidance to managers on understanding people issues relating to areas such as change, communication and conflict
Medicash CEO Sue Weir, said: "Stress is now the number one cause of long term absence in the workplace and the new stress service will provide employers with a proactive programme of support for employees who have presented stress as a contributing factor to their absence or as part of their statement of fitness for work.
"This service not only provides the most appropriate support for the employee, but will also help to significantly reduce the length and cost of long-term stress-related absence, working to deliver a significant return on investment for businesses of all sizes."