Corporate dental plan provider National Dental Plan is entering the individual market with two new individual dental offers - Wisdom Benefits and Dencover - both available online.
This marks National Dental Plan's entry into the individual market for the first time since its inception over 25 years ago and is the first of a series of additions to the company's line.
The provider said that, according to a 2012 dental study, 36% of British adults don't think that visiting the dentist is good value for money and 54% are worried they won't be able to afford dental care in the future.
Wisdom Benefits, a non insurance based plan, offers individuals cost savings on private and cosmetic dental procedures, such as teeth whitening, along with a choice of dentists from a network of dental practices.
• Members pay 20% less towards the cost of private general dental care (e.g. 20% off check-ups, crowns and root canals)
• Added benefits - adult orthodontics and cosmetic dental procedures, such as teeth whitening
• Single and family membership available
• Unlimited usage
• Pre-existing conditions are covered.
Dencover provides low-cost, individual dental insurance plans.
• Cover for couples, extended family members and families with up to four children under the age of 18
• Claim limits determined by the customer
• Policies which cover up to four adults to the age of 60
• Customers can use any dentist in the UK, NHS or private
• Assistance in finding a local dentist.
Andrew Bower, managing director at National Dental Plan, commented: "We are committed to investing further in the dental market this year to provide further options for our customers and these two new products are the first step to offering innovative solutions into the individual market.
"This is firmly based on our existing capability, which is underpinned by product flexibility and exceptional customer service."