Bupa Global, the international health insurance arm of Bupa, has launched its first tiered range of international private medical insurance (IPMI) products in the UK.
The four products - Bupa Global Select, Premier, Elite and Ultimate Health Plans - are tiered on coverage and price.
Robert Lang, managing director, Bupa Global, said: "We surveyed 3,000 people in six countries - including the UK - over 12 months. Customers told us they want a simple product, where the levels of coverage and price are tiered so it's easy to choose the option they want or need, based on a clear and distinct range and scale."
Across all Bupa's global health plans, the insurer will cover:
• In hospital and out-patient care
• Health checks - helping to prevent as much as cure
• Mental and holistic therapies - caring for mind as well as body
• Evacuation - so if emergency treatment isn't available locally, we'll get you to where it is, and one other person could come too
• Treatment for cancer and other serious illnesses, for as long as needed while you are a Bupa customer
• Hereditary, congenital and chronic conditions
• Transplants and rehabilitation
The UK is the third market in three weeks to launch a tiered IPMI product range by Bupa.
A similar collection was launched in Hong Kong on 20 January and in Mexico on 4 February.
Bupa said t will launch similar tiered product ranges in other priority markets over the comings months and years.
Key person cover also in plan
'Mental health affects everyone'
Get 10% off ticket
One in seven turn to alcohol